Building Connections In Your Community Should Be On Top of Your Marketing Tactics
The community surrounding your business exists in the real world as well as online. Duh, right? I think too often we get caught up in what we’re doing online that real life connections fall to the wayside. The following is a list of tactics you can start using today to improve your local presence and to build one-on-one connections that doesn’t involve you having to dress as a clown for kids birthday parties.
- Form a small business committee with fellow local business owners to discuss ways to work together to draw in customers and more businesses
- Create educational and entertaining content that can be distributed online, to local organizations, and in-store
- Host an event that caters to the demographic of local schools, assisted living facilities, etc.
- Create special coupons/offers for individuals attending events around your store
- Get to know local business owners and see if there’s an opportunity to cross-promote
- Partner with a local organization and generate press releases about the partnership
- Build relationships with local influential people who can help you meet others and get your name and business out there
- Donate product/volunteer services to local organizations’ benefits and fundraisers
- Hold free workshops that introduce people to your business then create paid classes for people who want to learn more
- Run ads in local community and school art and sports programs
- Participate in local parades
- Make use of seasonal and timely events such as holidays and absurd observances such as “ice cream day”